Laverne studied fiber art with Arturo Alonzo Sandavol at the University of Kentucky, Lexington. Her fiber art and artist books have been exhibited at The Friedman Chapman Gallery in Louisville, KY, MS Rezny Gallery, The Singletary Center for the Arts, University of Kentucky, Carneigie Center for LIteracy and Learning and Artsplace Gallery, Lexington, KY, and Claypool-Young Art Gallery, Morehead State University, KY.
To care for your Truly Wearable Art
Hand wash and iron with a hot steamy iron.
Laverne's silk garments and accessories are available at:
- The Kentucky Artisan Center , Berea
- Fireside Gallery, Berea, KY
- Main Cross Gallery, Lexington
- MS Rezny Studio Gallery, Lexington, KY
- The Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft, Louisville
- Gallery Janjobe, Louisville
- KOI Gallery at Galt House, Louisville
- Craft(s), Louisville, KY
- Bellagio's, Asheville, NC
- Great Artists Collective, New Orleans, LA
- Damselfly Gallery, Midway, KY
- Copper Moon Gallery, New Albany, IN
Laverne Zabielski, artist, designer and writer received her MFA in writing from Spalding University. Her memoir, "The Garden Girls' Letters and Journal" explores marriage, sex, parenting, art, drugs, illness, friendship, and feminism.
Her creative non-fiction essays and poetry have appeared in numerous journals and anthologies, including: The American Voice, High Performance, The Sun, Now and Then, and Southern Exposure.
The Garden Girls
What does it take to be a garden girl?
A desire made manifest, to discuss intimacy, passion, wisdom, and authority. Come, join us on a quest to live the layered life of an artist.